Tuesday 15 February 2011

Three Testimonies

A lot has happened since I last posted.

This week has been focused more on street evangelism which has been a lot of fun. So I will share with you three very exciting stories.

Story 1

Last Wednesday we were invited to a bible study group at one of the Starbucks in Vienna which I think is very exciting and is a great witness to the Starbucks staff. It was good to meet opther people in the bible study and we all got really encouraged. We hung around with the bible study leader and we felt the urge to doa bit of presence evangelism which is basically asking God to come fill a room/building with his presence to such a point where people start to notice. After we felt God was sufficently present we asked God what he wanted us to do, two of us got injuries one was a hurting back and the other a hurting wrist. Myself God told me to create some origami and give it to the staff to bring joy. I went to the staff and had a really great conversation telling him how Jesus must really love him for a random guy, from a random country,with random paper creations to approach him. He was very open, he turned out to be Muslim and so we shared a little about ourselves and he was very touched. The other guys decided to go from table to table looking for these injured people. Sure enough they found them sitting next to each other. To cut a long story short both got healed and both were really touched when we starte dtelling them what Jesus thought of them. The most exciting part is one will come to the bible study tomorrow.

Story 2

We went out evangelising with some friends from the churhces we have been to. I got into a few good conversations with some Americans, Germans and I got to sow a few seeds there. My favourite story though is I got to talking to this Belgian tourist, young guy who isn'ta Christian. Me and my frined got talking to him, shared about what I was doing in Vienna, shared a few testimonies etc. Then he invited himself around our house the next day, which was quite amusing (usually that's my job). Anyway next day arrives and he turns up and the whole team and him share lunch together talk about difficult issues he has and we got to pray over him, for healing and what Jesus thought of him. He was very touched. We are still in contact. his last words were.

"Jon that was amazing".

I find it such a blessing how he got so touched by God and I am very excited to the stories he will share back home.

Story 3

God seems is really showing me of how much of a provider he is for me. One the monday last week I met a frined and we shared some stories of God and she ended up buying me coffee and dinner. This same frined last sunday at church remembered our conversation of how we as a team needed a second Austrian mobile and how I needed a laptop to do work (it would be easier in many ways). So that evening they come in and sure enough without even asking for them she brings in a laptop for me to use during this outreach and a second Austrian mobile for the team. I find God doing things I wouldn't quite expect but I love it everytime. He see's me and looks after me, giving me everything I need just when I need it.


That was a mouthful, but God is good, kind and loving. How I have much to learn.

Until next week.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings,

    Sounds like God is really moving.

    All hail God!

    All hail his Son - our LORD!

    Thanks be to them both !!

    Take care

    ReplyDelete