Saturday 2 October 2010

The Fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom

Prayer Requests 
. Pray for the SOE leaders and staff members as they seek Gods face inot where each student should go on outreach, pray they get clarity and peace.

Another week of lectures has gone by and this week it was on the 'Fear of the Lord' and on 'Growth'.
Hard to know what to say as so much has happened in a space of 5 days of teaching. But here is what God has been really speaking to me about.

The Fear of the Lord is to not just hate but to despise sin, God has really been teaching me that I cannot take sin lightly or passively, it must be dealt with violently beause if not sin will violently destroy us. A lot of what God was doing with me and the others was giving us the opportunity to repent and rebuke sin in our life and what we found was that God was restoring us to a Holy boldness and courage, free from fear.

Now Myself and others are able to preach the gospel more fearlessly and not because we have to because we are told to but because we want to and this has released so much joy as we find new creative ways to bless Skien residents.

Testimony
Every week we do something called 'people games' the aim behind this is to bless, encouraged the community in Skien. This past week we decded create hand made blessing cards and hand them out with free chocolate (not a bad coversation starter). Some stories include a person giving their life to Christ, many got prayed for but I didn't get any conversations but God really encouraged us two ways.
1. The effort myself and others put into the written blessings and the cards opened up many coversations
2. Success isn't conversations it is in obedience to God

During the 'Growth' lectures I learnt a lot about taking responsibility for thought life, for using my giftings wisely and developing them and time managment. This week was a very practical week but I see God is pouring maturity and intentionality into all of us.

In other exciting news I find out my outreach location on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment