Sunday 10 October 2010

The Kingdom of God is near

Prayer Requests
. That my time in the community art group will be fruitful as I build relationships with those who really need the love of Jesus
. As we prepare to plan outreach we could move forward and strengthen relationships with each other.
. That Andreas will grow in passion and confidence in Evangelism as he learns new ways to do it.
(see last paragraph)

This week as you might have guessed has been on the 'Kingdom of God' it has not been an easy subject by any means. One of the biggest focuses of this lecture has surrounded the topic of Gods healing power. Most of us will have no problems confessing Gods healing power but when it comes to God healing us or even healing people through us things get a little less simple.

At least that is how I feel.

But one of the most amazing things that we have been taught this week is that it has been Gods pleasure to give us the Kingdom, also we know that all authority on heaven and earth has been given to Jesus therefore that same power in Jesus is in us. Furthermore I can do things through Christ who gives me strength and even Jesus said you will do greater things than I.

I think God might be trying to tell us something.

I personally have not yet seen God heal anybody through me yet, and I think that is where it gets difficult for us. Was it me?, Is it them? But one of the most beautiful things I will hold on to is this.

Even if I never see God heal someone through me my faith will not faulter, I will not lower my faith level for the things God has promised and for the things God desires.

We watched a documentary called the 'Finger of God' after something like that it is impossible for me to believe anything less than what is described. I have attached a small part of the documentary, a taster.  


Other cool stuff that God has been doing this week is using us to bless the community. We did some more treasure hunts. For those who don't know a treasure hunt is when we ask God if he would like us to bless anyone in the community, so we ask for location, name, appearence, prayer need and then we go off and find them. Once again God has shown how faithful he is, in short I found my treasure and we got to pray for his shoulder to get better (I believe God has). But what was really amazing was to see how God worked his timing of us being in certain places at certain times, not just to find our treasures but how at the same time we met other people, even some we new from the community in Skien and got to spread the gospel and pray for others.

Another story the DTS have to do something called Evangelism and Discipleship and I am one of 4 SOE students who gets to disciple and take out a DTS student on Evangelism, it's quite cool really, a great way to grow in Leadership. I have an amazing guy called Andreas he is Norwegian and really passionate for Jesus and it as much a chance to learn off him as he off me.

Anyway that is enough for now
Blessings in Abundance

Jonathan

1 comment:

  1. It's so good to hear that you're doing well and about the oppurtunities God is giving you to serve where you're at. And also to hear about your faith, and your determination that you're not going to let it be shaken by circumstances. I do want to offer a quick reminder from our DTS blog though:

    Another favourite was Jon’s he and our guide Derek met a woman who had arthritis throughout her whole body so they prayed for her and wonderfully she was healed but she started to cry. At this point we new Jesus had done something wonderful in her they asked her about it and she replied that how she did not tell them about her bad back and as she saw Jon and Derek walking up to her front garden God had healed her back before we even reached her.

    Maybe Derek proclaimed over her and you feel that God used him in that situation and not yourself, but I definitely think God touched her through both of you as you walked up.

    Blessings my brother,
    Thomas

    ReplyDelete