Monday 20 December 2010

Humility in Gods great plan

I was back home in England and I was sharing with people what God has been doing and I almost had a crisis as I could not think of one single thing. Of course this was not so God has done many wonderful and amazing things and has met so many people and by Gods wonderful love I trust that he has poured into them all his goodness and acceptance and love and mercy and grace.

I think I almost had a crisis because I was comparing what has happened to what I hoped would happen in Norway, expectations that have been built on my amazing experiences from my DTS. The kind of lets go in guns blazing, I pray and the Holy Spirit comes in thick presence, lives are transformed on the spot, people are healed, saved etc... and the truth is this has happened but not in the way I was hoping or expected. In fact it has been quite normal in that respect and as a result I have been humbled by God because he spoke something very specific to me and has recently reminded me of that he said this I want you to invest. This is profound, such a touching from heaven on peoples lives through this. Due to all my experiences in life nothing is more beautiful to me when the God of the Universe comes down and reveals the value of that person to him, when acceptance and significance is given to them. This is the place I have seen the Holy Spirit work wonders that overwhelm even me who witnesses and he does it quite normally, quite simply and even quietly as God comes closer to the hearts of those we talk to.

The key is so simple it's relationship and it brings me great excitement and encouragement but it also requires one of the biggest sacrifices of all time. It cannot be rushed. Statistics say that a non christian needs 7 positive encounters with another Christian before they make a decision. So my challenge is this why don't you be one of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment