Monday 6 December 2010

Worldview. What's yours?

Prayer Requests
. Finances for myself and the Vienna outreach team
. A House in Vienna

I am excited about typing this post as this was a really fun and challenging week. There is a lot I could say so I shall do my best to be concise. The foundation of the week could be summed up in three questions:

. What is a Christian Biblical Worldview?
. What kind of Worldview does the world have?
. What kind of Worldview do we have?

During the week we talked a lot about what freedom was. The problem though is that the world believes that freedom is freedom from rules and regulations and although this is true such actions have consequences. For example I could choose not to wear clothes but such consquences may be I die from the cold or I get arrested.
The best example of true freedom we found in the bible was in the story of the Prodial Son. The freedom to walk away from the Father and the freedom to walk back to the Father. True freedom then we decided needs boundaries, for example the earth has an ozone layer to protect us from the sun and allow us to breath.
One of the biggest lies of the enemy today is You Can't Change

I have always found it refreshing to be reminded how we as humans work and is best explained as the following.

. Our core values are the things we have chosen to believe
. These affect our thoughts, ideas and our personal convictions
. This then affects our action and behaviour
. Which eventually affects how we act in society and our evangelism

This was very powerful for a lot of us as we were confronted by the truth that we were believing a lot of lies so over that past week and continually now God is confronting well at least me about false values I have kept in my life which to be honest is kinda exciting because now he is replacing it with Godly values.

What I found very interesting though was when we talked about Post Modernity specifically how music and film play a huge role in that, in that they are the spokes people of the day. Story is key in this and God has been speaking to me recently about how I can use my desire to use Art and Design in Evangelism to tell stories to people. This to me is a vital piece of information because this works it is one of probably a few keys that unlocks people for Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment