Friday 17 December 2010

Pioneering

This week was my last week before I go home for Christmas YAY. Now I leave for England in just over 24 hours. I am definitely looking forward to going home. This week has been looking at what pioneering is. A very interesting few days that was sure.


Prayer Needs
. Finances for Outreach
. Apple Laptop (it's coming to the point where I am needing a laptop so I can do more work especially so I can continue to do more design work away from home).





So here is why. For the first 2 days our tutor got two of the student to lead, they had no idea about this by the way, it was interesting to see how they handled the topic and content given to them just 30 seconds before they were to teach it to the rest of the SOE class. The reason was this. Part of pioneering is passing on what you have learned as soon as possible so others can teach it to others and so on and so forth.

We also talked a lot about the 7 most important commands of Christ and how these were a vital part of Jesus ministry and teaching, we also looked at the 7 essentials of worship and how these should be a part of every church gathering if we are defining church as a group of people gathered together. Not necessarily somewhere where you gather on a Sunday morning. What was a lot of fun is that we got to practice it and it was incredible to find at how easy it is. All we have to do is gather a few people and involve these things in any creative way we want to and away we go. I got a huge revelation in giving, it is not about giving money in a collection although that is part of it, it is about giving people specifically what they need, just like the Church in Acts did. I would love to see this happen more.

Seven Commands of Christ
Repent and Believe (Mark 1:15, John 3:16)
Be Baptised and filled with the Spirit (Mark 13:11, 16:16, Luke 24:49, Acts 2:38)
Love God, Christians and your Neighbors (Matt 22:37-39, John 13:34)
Meet and Share the Lord's supper (Luke 22:17-20)
Pray each day and feed on God's word (Matt 4:4, 6:5-13, John 6:35, 14:15)
Give Sacrificially (Matt 5:42, 6:2-19-21, 10:8)


Seven Essentials of Worship
Prayer
Fellowship
Bible
Giving
Repentance and Forgiveness
Communion
Glorify Jesus

Testimony
In our Church meeting one of the people said "you know what I really need a pair of snow boots for all this ice here in Norway" so we decided to take a collection and we raise over 500 NOK which is just over £50 which I think is incredible. This giving also released so much joy it was quite something.

I am coming home within 2 days so I look forward while I am back in Leicester to sharing stories in person.



God Jul (Merry Christmas)

No comments:

Post a Comment